The Chaplain is Revd Canon Vickie Sims: phone 345 583 5978 email email@example.com
Our Chaplaincy Safeguarding Officer is Elisabetta Fedrigo phone: 340 299 2942
Our Churchwardens are Lee Kirkpatrick Smith phone: 344 1012369 / Ewan Gallie phone: 347 5801378
The Diocesan Safeguarding Team can be contacted on: +44 (0)207 898 1163
The full Diocesan Safeguarding Policy and Protocol can be viewed at:
Safeguarding Policy 2019 for the Chaplaincy of All Saints’ Milan: The protection from harm of children and adults who may be vulnerable is of paramount importance to us. As a chaplaincy within the Diocese of Europe, we comply fully with the requirements of the Diocese’s Safeguarding Policy.
We will not tolerate the abuse of children or adults in any form.
Specifically, within our Chaplaincy we are committed to:
• The care, nurture, and respectful pastoral ministry of all children, young persons and adults
• The safeguarding and protection of all children, young persons and adults who may be vulnerable
• The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed
vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
• The careful selection and training of all those with any safeguarding responsibility within the Church, including the
use of available criminal records disclosures and relevant vetting and barring schemes.
• Preventing abuse or the likelihood of abuse by encouraging and adopting a pro-active stance to safeguarding; responding
to the slightest concern whether by rumour, speculation or from an anonymous source – every safeguarding concern will be
• Ensuring that any concern about safeguarding must be passed onto someone in the Diocesan Safeguarding Team as there are
no legal barriers to sharing such concerns.
• Responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that a child, young person or adult may have been harmed
– co-operating with the local police, relevant local agencies and any other relevant body (eg other faith groups) in any
• Seeking to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral
• Seeking to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
• Seeking to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member
of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
This policy has been agreed to by the Chaplain, Churchwardens and Church Council of All Saints’ Anglican Church, Milan.